“To provide opportunities to people to be trained in Indigenous theology, and models of community development and suicide prevention. To work with multiple stakeholders to deliver contemporary, contextual community focused and quality training and academic courses.” – Our Mission Statement will adapt over time to reflect the changing need of our client base through spiritual focused transforming learning.
Wontulp-Bi-Buya College is a partnership of the Anglican, Catholic, Lutheran and Uniting Churches in Queensland. We work tirelessly to:
- Equip Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with knowledge and understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Indigenous Cultural context.
- Empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to be leaders with faith, vision and skills, and to be effective in building up their people, their church and their community. This specifically involves: training, equipping and empowering Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with:
- An understanding of the saving power of Jesus Christ.
- Awareness and understanding of Indigenous culture and life.
- To be Visionary.
- To have sound Management skills.
- An ability to express the good news of Christ in a way that shows the value of every individual, regardless of their cultural background but is expressed in a manner that is contextually relevant.
- To provide an accessible and cooperative learning environment that is sensitive to cultural differences and ways of learning and communication.
- To serve partner Churches and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in providing high quality educational programs that meet their needs for Indigenous leadership development.
- To strive for effectiveness and efficiency in the organisation and delivery of services.